If you’re used to taking classes, hotel gyms can present a big room full of “what do I do with this?”
For that and so many other reasons, travel days can test your commitment to fitness. I have a few go-to workouts that I rotate through when I’m on the road or want to use my building’s gym for my daily sweat. Do one of my favorites (below) with just a set of light weights, in any hotel gym. If your hotel doesn’t have a gym, just grab the heaviest bottles out of the mini bar and do the routine in your room.
You can find some links to help you through any unfamiliar exercises. Happy hotel sweating!
- Push-up: Every push-up you could dream of
- Plank: Help from Women’s Health
- Mountain climbers: Help from Livestrong
- Triceps dips: Help from Health
- Crunches: Help from Livestrong
- Bicep curls: Help from Livestrong
- Lateral arm lifts: Help from Livestrong
- Arm circles: Help from expert village
- Rows: help from bodybuilding.com
- Triceps extensions: Help from Livestrong
- Reverse lunge: Help from FitSugar
- Lunge: Help from Livestrong
- Squat: Help from FitSugar
- Squat jump: Help from Fitness Blender
- Plie squat: Help from Jennifer Galardi
Disclaimer: I am not a personal trainer. The views expressed on my blog are from my own experiences and from reputable resources. Consult your physician before making any major changes to your lifestyle or diet.