We’re on week three of working out with friends in a recurring daily schedule on aSweatLife’s Facebook page – and yes, after two full weeks of these, results are conclusive that even digital workouts are #betterwithfriends.
In Week 3, we’re taking the fun up a notch with a week of themed workouts streaming LIVE from the living room of some of our friends. Each workout this week will have a theme – whether that’s an outfit, a musical styling or a concept. Because we could all use a dose of F-U-N.
On the docket this week, you’ll find morning and evening programming Monday through Friday. Each partner who will lead these classes will pump their classes full of the fun that comes from a theme. And while we’re encouraging you to play along, it’s not mandatory to enjoy the workouts. And twice during the week, you’ll find workshops that are meant to keep your physical distance from others, but help you feel emotionally connected.
Workouts will always take place on Facebook LIVE and workshops will be hosted on Zoom. Workshops will require sign up via Eventbrite ahead of time so we don’t overload our Zoom account.
- 8:00 am: (30 min) Kelita Hollins and her two sons bring you a workout for the entire family. The theme is “family affair” and you can invite your aunts, uncles, cousins, friends who are like family. Whoever!
- 5:30 pm: (30 min) Maggie Umberger brings you an at-home HIIT workout in a wig that she’s calling “Don’t Wig Out About Monday.” You’re welcome to wear your fanciest wig (or just sport a ridiculous hair style).
- 8:00 am: (30 min) Lofti will lead a crystal healing bowl meditation with the theme of energy. Settle into the comfiest spot you can find find and meditate with us.
- 6:00 pm: (1 hour workshop hosted on Zoom) This crystal workshop with Cristalline will introduce you to the energetic and healing powers of crystals and stones while bringing some balance into your day with a mini meditation. Sign up on Eventbrite here.
- 7:00 am: (30 min) Courtney Belcastro gut punch workout themed around Stallone movies. This workout will alternate between boxing and core and we’re encouraging you to come dressed as your favorite Stallone character.
- 6:00 pm: (30 min) Dannah and Brandon Bollig present a #BetterWithFriends workout that they’ll lead together. As retired pro athletes – Dannah was a D1 soccer player and Brandon played on the Stanley Cup winning Chicago Blackhawks – they value strength and a team. So team up with whoever you’re social-distancing with and invite your friends from elsewhere. You can do this workout with or without mini bands and resistance bands.
- 7:00 am: (45 min) In this yoga flow with Paige Willis, we’re having a pajama party. Wear your flannel pants, your matching set – whatever makes you feel comfiest.
- 6:00 pm: (45 min) Doug Dowers from Urban Athlete brings you a strength and HIIT workout themed around vacation. Wear your most tropical gear and grab a suitcase. That’s right, before we set up for the workout, you’ll grab your suitcase or your duffel bag (stuff a couple of your chunkiest sweaters inside) and we’ll use that for resistance.
- 7:00 am: Daryn Schwartz of The Space Between brings you a 45-minute yoga flow dedicated to Together Breakfast, her favorite episode of Steven Universe – a Cartoon Network show. It doesn’t matter if you’ve seen the show, you’ll just have to bring pictures of your friends and family who you wish were with you for this breakfast flow.
- 4:00 pm: (1 hour workshop hosted on Zoom) Chef Alia Dalal will help us create a day of calm in your very own kitchen. Think spa waters, treatments for your skin, nails and hair and more. Sign up on Eventbrite here for $5.
A reminder of the resources:
- In close to real-time, we’re covering the workouts that are available to you across social media and digital tools here.
- We’re keeping a calendar of digital options here.
- And we’re updating that calendar with the digital workouts YOU’RE doing as you share them. Submit yours here.
Let’s look back at the week’s workouts!
- Courtney Belcastro led a 45-minute boxing workout that you can take on in your living room.
- Betina Gozo brought us into her home in LA with a 30-minute HIIT session
- Lofti created a crystal sound bowl meditation built for “calm”
- Siobhan Carey created a 45-minute powerful yoga flow
- We worked with HyperIce to create a mobility Happy half-hour built around easing your aching hips (hello, WFH nation)
- Lofti helped us get centered with a crystal sound bowl meditation
- Karen Porok brought a HIIT-filled 30-minute sweat-fest
- And I lost my mind for 30 minutes in a workout that was Arms, Abs and HIIT.
- And Glenn Snellgrose gave you 45 minutes of barre (in his craziest socks) that you won’t want to miss
- And there’s an entire gallery of workouts on Facebook that are can’t-miss. So don’t miss them.