Okay, so you’ve mastered the ultimate conference call workout for your core—now, let’s move down to the lower half of your body.
How it works: Whenever one of the below situations occurs, do the exercise prescribed. If you’re the one talking or presenting (or your company requires your camera to be on), make a note and commit to the workout later.
Complete the following every time….
- There is an awkward silence = 15 squats
- The conference call drops = 10 jump squats
- Someone’s voice is entirely muffled on the phone and you can’t understand anything = 10 sumo squats
- Someone “has a hard stop” = 20 alternating lunges (10 each leg)
- The classic “will circle back with you” is used = 20 second static chair pose
- The mute button is forgotten = 15 clams each leg
- There is furious typing in the background = 12 donkey kicks each leg
- Someone’s camera is accidentally on when they meant to just be on their phone = 45 second plank
- Your call could’ve been an email: 15 lateral (side) lunges per leg
- Your main participant is a no-show: 15 fire hydrants per leg
- Someone reiterates something the person right before them said: 15 squat pulses, parallel legs
- There is crunching right into the speaker: 20 second glute bridge hold
- The opening line is “can everyone hear me alright?”: 10 alternating lunge jumps
- A “holistic strategic approach” is mentioned: 30 cross-body mountain climbers
- Someone mentions the “end to end”: 30 second wall sit
- “I’m sorry I was on mute” is used: 15 plie squats (legs turned out rather than parallel)
- Someone sounds like they’re under water: 15 curtsy lunges per leg
- Someone is accidentally sharing their screen: 20 calf raises
- The presenter can’t figure out how to share their screen: 45 second jog in place
- You can tell someone has no idea what is going on: Single leg bridge, 30 seconds each side
- A “win-win” situation is mentioned: 30 second high-knee run in place
- There is a strange echo on the call: 20 skaters
- There are technical difficulties: Bulgarian split squats, 12 each leg
- Someone makes the excuse their computer crashed which is why they’re 20 minutes late to a 30 minute call: 45 seconds of jumping jacks
- Someone’s texts pop-up on the shared screen: 20 inner thigh lifts per leg.
- A dog barks in the background: Rotating squat jumps, 30 seconds
- People try to talk all at once: 12 plank jacks