Get your American butt to the Bastille Day 5K & 8K for a great mid-week training run benefitting a worthy cause.
The course starts and ends at the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum and winds through Lincoln Park, ending with a celebration of all-things-French with a block party at the museum. I’ve been told that you can get Mich ULTRA beer (not French, but refreshing) and some crêpes at the finish as well as enjoy music by Josh and the Empty Pockets. Sounds like a nice little Thursday to me!
To top it all off, procedes benefit a truly worthy cause, the Mercy Home for Boys & Girls.
- Date: Thursday, July 11, 2013
- Time: 8K begins at 7:15 p.m. / 5K begins at 7:30 p.m.
- 5K: $32
- 8K: $37
- Where to register: Here
- Packet pickup: Fleet Feet Sports, 1620 N Wells St, Chicago
- Sunday, July 7th 11am to 6pm
- Wednesday, July 10th noon to 8pm
- Course: Check out the map below!