With fall weather, comes the perfect season for running. The Women’s Health Run 10 Feed 10 is a great cause to get you out in your long sleeves, crunching through the Lincoln Park leaves. This October 6, run a 10 K and feed 10 hungry Americans.
You may say, “That all sounds great, Jeana, but how does that work?”
Great question, I’m glad you asked it. When you register for a mere $60 for the Lincoln Park event (you can do that here), 10 meals are automatically donated to hungry children in the Chicago area. Once you register, you can raise an additional $100, which helps provide even more meals for hungry kids in the community. Read more about the charity that the race benefits, Feed Projects, here.
The crazy thing is that in a country with so much, 50 million Americans are going hungry. This is our chance to make an impact on a problem that’s happening right under our noses in Chicago.
So let’s get out there and run and do something about it! I’ll be there. You can donate to my fundraiser, or just register to do the event yourself..
- Where: Lincoln Park Grove 2 at LaSalle and North Stockton
- When: October 6 at 8:00 am
- Where: Fleet Feet (Old Town), 1620 North Wells Street
- When: October 5, 10:00 A.M.-7:00 P.M.
- When: September 9th, 16th & 23rd 6:30 PM
- Where: Fleet Feet Sports (Old Town) 1620 North Wells Street
The perks: after the race, you can help yourself to some relaxation and pampering.
- Yoga session
- Nutrition and beauty consultations