In many group fitness classes, the instructor pushes you right to the end of class. When you’re not in a group fitness setting, though, pushing yourself that extra last bit (or sometimes pushing yourself at all) can be a challenge.
This 35-minute bodyweight workout is no joke and it will keep you going even when you’re by yourself. After all, AMRAPs (As Many Reps As Possible) and EMOMs (Every Minute On the Minute) don’t lie!
You can swap any of the cardio, strength or ab sections with whatever you like in order to recycle this workout when you’re feeling less than inspired and need extra oomph to get moving. I turned my tanning session at the beach into this plug-and-play workout and it worked like a charm – worked up a killer sweat and soaked up some sun. Two birds. One stone.
Your next 35 minutes will look like this:
- 11 minute AMRAP
- 10 minute AMRAP
- 9 minute AMRAP
- 5-minute EMOM ab finisher
The AMRAP (as many reps as possible) sets all start with a cardio entry to complete before starting your strength exercises. The final 60 seconds of the AMRAP set is an ab exercise for the full minute.
Set One: 11-minute AMRAP
- Start with 6 suicide drills full length of tennis court (or any distance you choose – I had a beach so I drew two lines in the sand to make my markers)
- Then use all but the last 60 seconds of the remaining time in the 11-minute set to alternate between 10 lunge to push-ups and 20 windmill squats. Aim for 5 total sets.
- During the last 60 seconds of the set, perform alternating bicycle crunches
Lunge push-ups: Start in a high lunge, lower down to a low lunge, shoot back to a three-legged dog, shoot forward into a three-legged plank and do a push-up.
Windmill squat: Start with your feet together, then jump your feet a little wider than hip-width distance, touching one hand down to the ground. Jump back together and switch sides.
Set Two: 10-minute AMRAP
- Start with 4 suicide drills full length of tennis court
- Then use all but the last 60 seconds of the remaining time in the set to alternate between 5 burpees with lateral tuck jumps and 20 Triceps dips. Aim for 5 sets.
- Last 60 seconds of AMRAP: side crunches 30 seconds each side
Burpees with lateral tuck jump:
Set Three: 9-minute AMRAP
- 2 suicide drills full length of tennis court
- Then use all but the last 60 seconds of the remaining time in the set to alternate between 10 up & over lunges and 10 high/low planks. Aim for 5 sets.
- Last 60 seconds of AMRAP: Jackknife crunches
Up and over lunges:
High to low planks:
Set Four: 5-minute EMOM
Every minute on the minute, for 5 straight minutes, do:
- 10 in and out abs
- 10 high to low planks
- 10 high knees (One rep will bring both knees up)
Test yourself. Record the number of reps you complete and repeat this workout as you get stronger. Or plug and play the formula of this workout to create your own 45 minute killer solo workout!