[Disclosure: This week’s digital content is created in partnership with NOW®. As always, we only partner with the brands we truly love]
We had to triple check this statement, but in fact, it’s true: we’re entering our tenth week (10!!!) of creating fully digital content. Each week, we aim to create programming that helps you feel strong, connected and productive.
And this week, NOW® – a brand that makes natural products that empower people to lead healthier lives – is helping us to create a schedule that’s peppered with our intentions: feeling “strong,” “connected,” and “productive.”
You’ll find a workshop built to ease you into a better night of sleep Monday night. You’ll find mindful moments Tuesday and Thursday evening. Tuesday evening, we’re going to set our sights on self love with a yoga and drawing workshop. Wednesday, Trainers you know and love are going to share their hot tips for creating digital workouts. Thursday, we’ll journal with the co-founder of Today I Did it Right. Friday morning, we’re going to have a breakfast power hour with the one, the only Kelly LeVeque. And on Friday, we’re going to dance you into the weekend with a Zoom dance party featuring Ashley Rockwood.
We can hardly wait. Excited to get this started with us and want to grab your own NOW Foods goodies? Use code “ASWEATLIFE” to get 20% off at nowfoods.com through 5/31/20.*
More on those workshops
Monday 5/18 at 7:30 pm: (1 hour) PJ party sleep workshop with a sound meditation
Sleep and stress are in a constant relationship, like it or not. When you’re stressed, your sleep can suffer. When you’re sleeping well, it’s easier to manage your stress. Here’s what’s happening in this night of ZZzzzzZZZzs:
- Jeana Anderson Cohen will kick off and talk with some hot tips for your best night of sleep. Meanwhile, your tea should be steeping.
- Over tea, our friends Alex Orton and Kolby Ourada from Haven will talk about the habits and natural remedies that can lead to better sleep – you’ll leave this session with plans to create a sleep sanctuary.
- Karianne Michelle from Lofti will deliver a sound meditation that will set you up for better sleep.
Tuesday 5/19 at 6 pm: (1.5 hour) Self-Love Yoga Flow and Creative Art Workshop
On Tuesday, March 19, Forbes 30 under 30 NYC based artist Amber Vittoria will join us for an art workshop! Amber’s art focuses on femininity and the female form, leveraging physical traits such as overtly extended limbs and rounded features. Her abstract art depicts representation of the female body that has not traditionally been portrayed in the art world.
We will begin this workshop with a 30-minute self-love yoga flow with Paige Willis, yoga instructor @healthyhoodchi and @y7studio. Using the inspiration from moving our bodies to create shapes, Amber will lead us through an art workshop to help you explore your creative talents.
Wednesday 5/20 at 2 pm: (1.25 hour ) #TrainersConnect on finding success in digital streaming featuring Darcey Wion, Jerry Yudt, Gideon Akande, Ashley Rockwood and Kaye Straub
As trainers, we have experienced an array of pivots, changes, feedback, behavior adaptation, and uncertainty along with hope. We know our trainer community is strong, and as we move through the rest of 2020, we want to be able to provide you with suggestions from your peers, advice from industry experts and tools to set you up for your own success, whatever that might look like right now.
Come prepared with questions and get ready to hear from industry professionals on their experience and best practices for on-demand, streaming, virtual platforms and live workouts. What’s worked? What hasn’t? What steps did they take to get prepared? How has this changed their business model and what are they anticipating for the future?
We will hear from panelists:
- Darcey Wion, System of Strength, Director of the Digital Studio System of Strength is a boutique fitness studio with three locations in Ohio. They created a digital studio in 2016 and recently rolled out live streaming. The Digital Studio offers 100’s of videos on demand and the newest addition to the platform, live streaming! SOS Digital offers full 60 minute classes and 20 minute time saver challenges
- Jerry Yudt, Founder/CEO of Y3 Lifestyle Coaching Taking a personal trainer out of the gym, removing all of the tools and disabling the physical adjustments of a client is a challenge. Jerry has overcome some of these challenges through the relationships he has built as a trainer with his clients to be able to coach and motivate through a screen. Jerry is offering up daily free IG workouts as well as working with his 1 on 1 clients virtually.
- Gideon Akande, Fitness and Wellness Coach Gideon has used social media, community and content to create daily live and interactive workouts. He has also partnered with brands to produce creative workouts for new audiences while he continues to motivate his devoted followers.
- Ashley Rockwood, Founder of Free MVMT Shop From pop up shop, to brick and mortar fitness studio to a full schedule of zoom classes, Ashley has not been afraid to try something new and see what happens. Through it all she has been able to create and grow a loyal community and lean on social media to come up with new ways to continue to grow.
- Kaye Straub, The Barre Code, Director of Training and Operations The Barre Code, a boutique fitness concept with over 60 locations nationwide, adopted an on-demand service prior to COVID. The Barre Code on-demand offers a growing library of over 80 digital workouts, guided meditations, playlists and more, additionally TBC is offering 50+ live-streamed classes per week featuring their top trainers from across the country!
Thursday 5/21 at 6 pm: (1 hour) Today I Did it Right journaling workshop
In a life transition, try doing one right thing each day. On Thursday, May 21, Co-Founder Ariel Upton of TODAY I DID IT RIGHT will share the secret to living a right life: living a right life on a daily basis.
Ariel will lead us through an intimate writing session where we’ll get together, light the candles, and self-connect through writing and reflection. Ariel will guide us through her favorite writing prompts pulled from The TODAY I DID IT RIGHT approach to help us define what “right” means to us right now and how to practice doing it right every single day.
She’ll share examples to get thoughts flowing and open up the group to sharing their reflections. At the end, we’ll pull out our favorite words and phrases that came out of the session to get creative, doodle, and add some color.
Friday 5/22 at 8:30 am CDT: Breakfast Power Hour with Kelly LeVeque, RD to the stars
Get your breakfast game on with celebrity holistic health coach Kelly LeVeque (yes, her clients include Jennifer Garner, Emmy Rossum, Jessica Alba and more), author of the “Body Love” and “Body Love Every Day.” Kelly’s drama and diet-free nutrition philosophy is called the FabFour, and it’s all about getting more of the right nutrients on your plate – fat, fiber, greens and protein – to balance hunger hormones and promote satiety. Kelly will share some of the pantry staples she loves to keep stocked for breakfast and beyond, plus share a few of her go-to breakfast recipes, including a smoothie, that help her start the day on a nutritious, delicious and satisfying foot. You can find more of Kelly’s recipes, plus bonus content for her book, here. AND, two lucky attendees will win a copy of “Body Love Every Day” plus a $150 promo code to shop some of Kelly’s favorites at nowfoods.com.
Workouts to bring movement and recovery wherever you are
- 8 am: Robyn LaLonde of Edge Athlete Lounge brings you core and upper body
- 5:30 pm: Jeana Anderson Cohen levels you out with a strength and mobility workout
- 8 am: (45 min) Steph Rountree brings an at-home sweat
- 8 am: (30 min) Jerry Yudt gets you stronger at home
- 5 pm: (45 min) Michael Ferraro does burpee-free HIIT
- 7 am: (45 min) Dana Leonard brings you a taste of Orange Theory
- 4 pm: (1 hour) Ashley Rockwood (Zoom dance party)
*Offer valid 5/15/20 through 11:59 PM Central Standard Time 5/31/20. Offer valid only on products found at nowfoods.com. Prices are as shown. Some exclusions apply. Must use coupon code ASWEATLIFE in the Promotion Code field at checkout. While supplies last at nowfoods.com. This offer does not apply to applicable taxes or shipping and handling. Offer cannot be used on previous purchases. NOW Health Group, Inc. has the right to end any promotion at any time.