When PRE Brands offered its kitchen and its chef for a week of meal prep, the offer couldn’t be refused. With the help of Chef Sarah Russo, we took one chuck roast and made five different meals. With this super simple grocery list and a few easy recipes, you can too.
We’ve proven our deep love for recipes that make your life easier and more interesting with our lunch planning and packing toolkit the Lunch Bunch (free for all readers), but we wanted to bring a version of that love back with our friends at PRE.
How to cook your PRE Brands chuck roast:
The base of everything this week is PRE’s Chuck Roast, which we cooked three different ways, unlocking unlimited meal prep possibilities in the PRE kitchen. Sarah showed how to cook chuck roast in a slow cooker, a dutch oven and an instant pot. If you’ve never used an instant pot, it sounds like and seems to be a miracle. Instead of taking four hours to create delicious and tender beef, it happens in 45 minutes – using magic. Well not magic, it’s just a safe combo of heat and pressure.
- Crock pot: 3-4 hours on high with a little water, olive oil and salt in the pot
- Instant pot: 45 minutes on high with a little water, olive oil and salt in the pot
- Dutch oven: 3-4 hours in a 225 degree F oven with a little water, olive oil and salt in the pot
(Hint: it’s done when it’s tender enough to be pulled with a fork)
Here’s what you’re eating with just one chuck roast.
- Root vegetable breakfast hash with scrambled eggs and chuck roast
- Breakfast burritos with chuck roast
- Chuck tacos
- Curried beef and potato stew
- BBQ beef and coleslaw
Recipes you’ll make:
Here’s what’s on your grocery list.
- Sweet potatoes
- Purple cabbage
- Green cabbage
- Shredded carrots
- Fresh parsley
- 6 lemons
- Fresh ginger
- 1 large jalepeno or 2 serrano chili peppers diced
- Butternut squash
- 4 ounces green beans
- 1 head or one pre-cut bag cauliflower
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini
- Fat free Greek yogurt
- Chili powder
- Ground coriander
- Siete Coconut and Cassava tortillas
- TessaMae’s BBQ sauce
- Pumpkin seeds
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- 14 ounce can full fat coconut milk
- Beef bouillon
- Tomato paste