If your office closed down like mine did for what feels like the longest vacation you’ve ever had (not complaining), you’ve had time to do things like pin countless wedding dresses and binge-watch Breaking Bad. Needless to say, I haven’t been as active over the vacation as I’d like and that makes my Nike+ Fuel Band sad.
This Tabata workout put some pep in my step and it might help any couch addiction or winter affliction you may have acquired.
Tabata intervals are a great way to torch fat and get a lot of work done in a short amount of time. It’s a mainstay for every HIIT freak (myself included). A true Tabata interval is 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest – complete that 8 times and you’ve done one Tabata.
Timing yourself while trying to do these intense sets isn’t easy – you should be going all-out when you’re working. Thank goodness for the Internet, where one can find handy things like Tabata timers. The Tabata Pro online will do the timing for you.
Need help with form? Check out these videos!
- Burpees (watch this video for form)
- Alternating lunge step-backs (watch this video for form)
- Push-ups on your toes or knees (watch this video for form)
- Squats (watch this video for form)
- Bicycles (watch this video for form)
- Triceps dips (watch this video for form – from the ladies behind Barre Bee Fit)
Challenge yourself and try to do the same number of reps each time you work. Get after it!