Last year, we hosted our first #Sweatworking Summit pitch competition aimed at making the world of wellness a more equitable and inclusive space. After pitching to the #Sweatworking Summit attendees, a winner was chosen by a panel of judges and a vote by the community. Woke Chicago walked away with a prize and an experience of a lifetime.
This year, we’re focusing our #Sweatworking Summit on mental and emotional wellbeing. It’s our mission to eliminate barriers to entry for the things that make our audience feel mentally strong. We’re focusing the pitch competition on that as well. We’re looking for companies, non-profit organizations and ideas that help to make mental health and self-care more accessible.
What do we mean by accessible? We’re looking for ideas that address stigma of all kinds, affordability, ideas that bring tools to people with differing abilities, and solutions that help to knock over any other barriers to entry.
And, no matter what, if you apply, you’ll get a copy of the book Purpose First Entrepreneur.
And, our friends from Miraval are matching the cash prize from aSweatlife and will also give the winner a check for $2,500. That brings the winner’s take-home to $5,000 total!
The winning pitch will get this prize package
One person or organization will walk away with a prize package that we’re incredibly excited about:
- $2,500 check from aSweatLife
- $2,500 check from Miraval Resorts and Spas
- A feature on our We Got Goals Podcast
- A feature of the winning company on aSweatLife.com and its email and social media channels
- An opportunity to product test and host focus groups with the aSweatLife ambassador community
- Consultation with aSweatLife’s social media consultant Dana Farber of Moonstone Marketing
- Strategic partnership consultation with Project Health Mind’s Head of Marketing Activations, Rachel Schultz
- Headshot as well as product of lifestyle photos by one of aSweatLife’s photography partners, Christiana Basso
- Creation of an intro or brand video for the idea and company by aSweatLife’s video partner, Ryan Barayuga
- 2 hours of copy edit assistance from aSweatLife editorial team
- Introductions into aSweatLife’s network of partner brands
- 2 hour business strategy time with Founder & CEO of FORTË, Lauren Foundos
How to enter the 2022 pitch competition
Are you in? Amazing. There are a few important deadlines to know about.
- January 21 – February 17, 2022: Online Applications are Open! The application can be filled out online and requires a brief video submission that can simply be you talking directly to your phone in selfie-mode. If you need assistance with the application, please email [email protected].
- February 17 – February 22, 2022: The aSweatLife ambassador committee – known as the Better With Friends Committee – will judge the applications based on clarity of vision and projected accessibility.
- February 24, 2022: All applicants will be alerted via email whether they will be moving forward to the pitch phase or not. Our three finalists will be connected to resources including Hyde Park Angel’s Managing Director and author of the book “Purpose First Entrepreneur”, Pete Wilkins to assist with strategy and Coach Melissa Ruiz to assist with public speaking. Plus the top three finalist will receive a thoughtful Mental Wealth Box mailed to your doorstep.
- March 10, 2022: The three finalists will pitch for a maximum of 10 minutes to an audience of aSweatLife friends and #Sweatworking Summit attendees. The final pitch will all happen virtually. The winning finalist will be determined by a judging panel and an anonymous attendee vote.
Ready to apply? Have questions before applying? Email [email protected]