(Photo by Christiana Basso)
There are a few days until the New Year (yikes!). A go-getter will use this week as an opportunity to finish the year strong and on a positive note; committed to their workouts and overall health. Whereas anyone else will look at this next week as one to retreat and (dare we say) eat, whatever we want, over the holidays.
We know aSweatLife readers are the type to get after it (wink, wink) so get up and get moving with this 30-minute high-energy playlist and HIIT workout.
The HIIT playlist is designed to take you through an interval training session that you can do anywhere, in just 30 minutes.
Need some workout inspo? Look no further than our simple 30-minute HIIT workout to get you moving.
Prep: Select four of your favorite exercises from the list below (no equipment necessary):
- Squats (any variation including jump squats, sumo squats, squat jumps, etc.)
- Plank (any variation including forearm plank, side plank, plank-jacks, etc.)
- Triceps-dips (on a bench or chair)
- Mountain climbers
- Hip raises
Minutes 0 – 5:
- Warm-up doing light cardio (skipping, running, walking, jumping-jacks) for five minutes.
Minutes 5 – 25:
- Perform each of the four exercises for one full minute, combined four minutes all the way through (that’s one round).
- Repeat four times with one minute of rest in-between rounds; 20 minutes total.
Minutes 25 – 30:
- Cool-down with light cardio and/or stretching for five minutes.
We’re all for balance so eat those holiday cookies but do your crunches too! This playlist and workout is a no-excuses guide to closing-out the year strong.
2016, we’re coming for you.