There’s nothing we enjoy here at aSweatLife more than making unhealthy foods healthier. Next week, Lunch Bunch subscribers get to experience this joy first-hand. Our in-house Registered Dietitian, Catherine Borkowski, created a menu that will wake up the kid in you that answered, “pizza!” every time someone asked you what you’d like to eat for lunch.
We’re making our way through the week, eating a spin on a Bento Box each day. This lunch features a personal pizza baked in a portobello mushroom and it’s as delicious as it it fun.
You’ll spend each day reminiscing about lunches from your childhood as you create these balanced meals. Each day will bring you a personal pizza, a little fruit, a little veg and a tiny treat.
This menu was a little too good to be true for me. I couldn’t believe that a pizza in a mushroom would be a thing. I couldn’t believe that my favorite food – peanut butter – was so prominently featured in the “cookie” bites.
But after pulling a tray full of piping hot portobello mushroom pizzas out of the oven – believe it. This is a going to be a delicious week.
These personal pizzas fit nicely in my round Glasslock containers – making it perfect for reheating. When you pack these tiny pizzas solo, you can reheat them without worrying about having to separate your fruits and your veggies.
Before you prep for the week, remember:
- You can choose to keep the protein in the menu or adjust for your meat-eater or vegetarian needs.
- This guide is meant to be flexible for you. The quantities listed each day are a general serving-size guide. You may need more or less depending on your activity level.
- If you know that you don’t like something, sub it out for something you do like!
- This guide is built for one, so if you’re cooking for two, double everything.
- If you get bored easily, make your pizzas differently for each day – some with pesto, some with marinara sauce, some with with set of toppings and others with another set of your favorite toppings.