Check this page for the latest updates on new job postings for fitness instructors, personal trainers, yoga teachers and studio managers in Chicago. If you’re a gym owner looking to hire instructors, staff or rent out your space, email [email protected] for featured opportunities.
Teacher, trainer and instructor job postings
Orange Shoe Personal Training – personal trainer & small group instructor
As a full time team member training at an Orange Shoe Personal Fitness with locations in Lakeview, Mag Mile, Andersonville and in homes, you will receive paid time off, work/life balance, opportunity to grow your compensation at your own pace, continuing education and health and dental options. Plus, you will be a part of a growing organization that is impacting lives in and out of the gym. We’ve been in Chicago for over eight years and focus on community involvement and high employee and client retention. Interested candidates can send their resumes directly to [email protected]
Full-Time Compensation: $38,000 – $55,000 + Benefits & PTO
Part-Time Compensation: $22/session hour
- A “life-learner” mentality where you always want to learn something new (doesn’t have to be fitness-related)
- An enjoyment for teaching people
- Ability to positively influence another person’s behavior
- Be willing to check narcissism at the door (nobody wants to see how big your biceps are!)
- Training experience is a plus but not required
Barry’s Bootcamp – Instructor
Join the team of Barry’s Bootcamp instructors, leading interval training classes – a combination of running and strength using benches, dumbbells, bands and more. Barry’s Bootcamp Chicago is looking for instructors with open availability, ideally full-time. If you’ve got the energy it takes to fill up the red room, email Trista Greco directly at [email protected].
CrossTown Fitness – Personal trainer
Job description: Join Chicago’s top HIIT studio as a Personal Trainer. We are looking for quality personal trainers with 2+ years of experience. You will have the opportunity to use your knowledge and expertise to craft personalized programs for your one-on-one clients and build your personal training business with CTF. Click here to apply or learn more.
- 2 years as a personal trainer
- Maintain a nationally accredited personal training certification
- Must have a drive for building your client base
- Team player
- An interest in growing your skills and knowledge
- Must be willing to participate in gym events, trainings, meetings, etc
- Must live in Chicago proper
- Must be okay with background check
CrossTown Fitness – Group class instructors
Job description: Join Chicago’s top HIIT studio as a Group Trainer. We are looking for quality personal trainers with 3+ years of Group Fitness Experience to lead our group training classes. You will have the opportunity to use your knowledge and expertise to craft your own workout for groups of 15-32 clients. Classes are a 50-minute workout incorporating strength and conditioning exercises to challenge clients differently every day! Our trainers design each class to include interval cardiovascular routines, mobility and strength training. Click here to apply or learn more.
- You must be a nationally accredited certified personal trainer
- You must be a nationally accredited certified group instructor
- You must be creative in your own training style while bringing a lot of energy
- You must be willing to participate in gym events, trainings, meetings, etc…
- You must be able to lead large groups, while watching form and technique for all clients in a class
- Must live in Chicago proper
- Must be ok with background check
CrossTown Fitness – Studio managers
Job description: Interested in working for a successful group fitness and personal training gym in the city? Have a genuine interest and passion for fitness and sales? CrossTown Fitness is looking to hire a Part Time Manager with a background in Personal Training. Click here to apply or learn more.
- Excellent phone and e-mail communication
- Self-motivated attitude
- Enjoy meeting new people
- Hardworking and loyal
- 2+ years Sales or Fitness experience required
Studio rental opportunities
Jeff Levy, owner of Runner’s High Studio, is interested in renting his studio space to trainers who want to host their own classes. The studio is 700 sqare feet. The space has women’s and men’s bathrooms with three showers a piece and 52 lockers. Currently in the space, there are kettle bells, body weight bands, yoga blocks, yoga mats, TRX bands, dumbbells from three pounds to 35 pounds. It is set up with a Sonos system and lighting that is completely configurable to any color. The room can be heated to 88 degrees and also has its own air conditioning unit. To inquire about rates and timing, contact [email protected].