We believe that fitness can be the catalyst for living your best life. That the act of working hard to achieve goals can be a lesson for the rest of your life. That the brain changes for the better when the body works. That happiness takes work – and sometimes that work requires just putting one foot in front of the other. And, we believe it’s always easier to take that first step when you’re surrounded by a supportive community. This is where another one of our core beliefs comes in – everything is better with friends. Relationships make us stronger in all aspects of life. We live our beliefs through the marketplace we are creating to connect athletes to their favorite trainers.
You’re passionate about building and solving problems. You’re comfortable with a clean developing slate and you’re excited to create a brand new code base.
We’re looking to implement and adopt new technologies and strategies very quickly. Quality code is high valued, and the ideal candidate shares our desire to efficiently write great software. If you believe in the power of personalized learning and are looking for an opportunity to grow your career in a startup environment where you will do something that really matters, this could be the role for you.
You must be comfortable taking ownership of the development lifecycle while working closely with business owners. This includes effort estimation, risk analysis, proof of concept research, coding, testing and roll-out planning. You will be enabled as a leader to identify opportunities to leverage frameworks, libraries and best practices. You will be expected to construct a broad understanding of all of the technologies and processes that drive our business through self-learning and with focused mastery in multiple areas.
What You’ll Do:
- Build a marketplace application from essentially scratch
- Define and implement a technical stack
- Understand our business and balance technical requirements with business needs
- Define scope, break problems into sprints, estimate timelines and be flexible as changes arise
- Take a technology project from concept to deployment
- Design and develop high quality software solutions
What we’re looking for:
- Experience as a senior engineer or team lead, with strong technical design and architecture skills
- Experience leading a team through an agile software development process
- Relational database experience, specifically with PostgreSQL
- Experience with react-ntive and ruby on rails
- Proficient in elastic beanstalk
- Strong understanding of unit testing and front end integration
- Effective communication skills to interact with internal and external team members
- Previous experience with consumer applications a plus. You should embrace the connection between marketing and technology
- Mobile development is a plus
- Startup experience is strongly preferred
- A fulfilling, challenging adventure of a work experience
- All the workouts to fulfill your heart’s (and bicep’s) desires
- Access to Chicago’s amazing fitness community
- A team with an impressive successful startup track-record with successful exits
- All the skinny pop, vita coco and healthy snacks you can think of
- We’ll help you amp up your athleisure game
Gain access to Chicago’s amazing fitness community, get your fill of all the workouts you and your biceps desire, and work with a team of passionate do’ers.
Interested in being part of the fitness evolution or know someone perfect for the job? Applications accepted here!