Sunday’s are a time to kick back, relax, rest, replenish, restore, reset and just Chill The “F” Out 🙂
Life is stressful and we are constantly seeking ways to cope with so many different things. Anxiety and depression affect most of us at sometime in our lives and sadly many people suffer alonee.
Did you know?
- Anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the U.S., affecting 40 million adults in the United States age 18 and older, or 18.1% of the population every year.
- Anxiety disorders are highly treatable, yet only 36.9% of those suffering receive treatment.
- People with an anxiety disorder are three to five times more likely to go to the doctor and six times more likely to be hospitalized for psychiatric disorders than those who do not suffer from anxiety disorders.
- Anxiety disorders develop from a complex set of risk factors, including genetics, brain chemistry, personality, and life events.
- It’s not uncommon for someone with an anxiety disorder to also suffer from depression or vice versa. Nearly one-half of those diagnosed with depression are also diagnosed with an anxiety disorder.
(*Statistics from the Anxiety and Depression Association of America)
That’s why on September 16th, we’re inviting you to an event where we can all come together to create a strong and supportive community around Mental Health and Wellness.
Join us in a safe and loving space for “Kick Back Chillax and Give Back” Sunday where ticket sales will go to Chicago Mental Health Support Organization, NoStigmas.
“Kick Back, Chillax and Give Back” Sunday will be an afternoon full of fun and mindful ways to find more ease, peace and wellness…both for ourselves and for all suffering from mental dis-ease. The event will be about creating and sharing practices around coping with anxiety, depression, and other everyday experiences we all may undergo.
One of Joriki’s favorite yoga instructors, Shannon Connell Yoga & Wellness, is opening up her beautiful home and rooftop in Bucktown, Chicago, for this special event, and we hope that you can come and share in the energy of what we are planning to be a wonderful relaxing, chill and fun day! We will be working in – taking a break from physical exercise and tapping into the inside and ALL of the feels.
Shannon will be leading an “Emotions & Essential Oils” education workshop to discuss how essential oils can help assist with emotional healing, focus, stress/anxiety relief, better sleep and more! Following this informative and delicious and aromatic experience, Shannon will lead us into teaching “Meditation is a Celebration” and sharing some new techniques for quick drop-in meditations that you can layer into your daily routine as needed!
Representatives from NoStigmas will also be at this event with information and materials for anyone that would like to learn more. And last but not least, ending the day on a tasty note, wine and non-alcoholic refreshers will be served, and shopping will begin. You will have a chance to shop your favorite healing scents from Shannon as well as shopping Joriki, where 15% of sales go to NoStigmas. Joriki is extremely appreciative of Shannon and the beautiful space she is providing. There are limited spots available, so if you are interested in this event, please sign up soon.
- 2:00pm – 2:30pm – doors open and guests are invited to come shop early, mingle, have some wine, and get ready for a restorative day
- 2:30pm – 3:30pm – Shannon Emotions and Essential Oils Workshop
- 3:30pm – 4:00pm – Shannon Meditation is a Celebration!
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm Shopping, drinks, and mingling