1659 West Hubbard Street
Engineering Health and Performance using the 4Q System (8:00am – 12:00pm)
Ask most aging athletes and fitness enthusiasts what 20 years of repetitive exercise and training will do to the body: Run down….overused…. broken bodies. That’s because many training programs enhance fitness, but are not sustainable for long-term health or performance. IoM’s 4Q Training Model is an effective training model that programs exercise for both Health-based outcomes and Sustainable Performance. After this workshop, you’ll walk away with an ability to design workouts that will keep your clients healthy and performing at the highest level for years to come!
- Discover IoM’s 4Q Training Model and justify how it promotes health and sustainable performance
- Classify exercises into each of the 4 quadrants for various training adaptations including Strength, Power, Mobility and Cardio.
- Build 4Q Workouts that can be immediately applied to one’s own training and to various clientele types
- Investigate Case Studies that demonstrate 4Q Program Design for different goals
Bulletproof the Low Back (1:30pm – 5:30pm)
Degradation of the intervertebral discs, which most often occurs between L4-L5 and L5-S1, often leads to herniation, with treatments varying from physical therapy to surgery. The question is what causes this degradation to begin with and how can we possibly prevent further damage? In this workshop, we’ll arm you with Coaching and Exercise interventions to Bulletproof the Low Back and keep your client’s healthy for years to come!
- Describe the altered biomechanics that leads to dysfunction of the lumbo-pelvic-hip complex
- Explore Hip Decoupling Strategies designed to improve force transmission through the lumbo-pelvic-hip complex
- Practice implementing Activation exercises called Warding Patterns which improve neural sensitivity of the lumbo-pelvic-hip complex
- Build workouts designed to “Bulletproof the Low Back”