We’ve been cheering for Betina Gozo along her journey to become Women’s Health’s 2017 Next Fitness Star. When she was able to finally announce that the prize was hers AND she just happened to have a trip booked to Chicago, we couldn’t resist finding a space big enough for her personality to shine for a workout – especially a workout that can be so impactful for those who need help in the wake the recent Hurricanes.
You’ll have two opportunities to work out with her Wednesday September 27 – at 6 pm and 7:15 pm.
If you’ve never worked out with Betina, you’re in for a treat as she’s sure to challenge you to do better, be better and feel better. She’ll take you to places you never thought possible with all bodyweight-based workouts and will remind you of why Chicago misses her so much after her recent move to Portland.
And our friends are coming out to support the cause:
We partnered with friends of aSweatLife to create an experience you won’t want to miss. We’ll have pampering, snacks and a $5 raffle that will have big winners and will go entirely to Hurricane Relief.
We’ll have snacks and refreshments from:
- Luna and Clif bars will come with snacks in toe.
- Fit Foodie Kitchen will make you fall in love with the satisfying meals the company delivers.
- Bark Thins will bring snacking chocolate for everyone.
- Mera Bites (formerly The Paleo Cookie Company) will share bites of these satisfying, healthier, real-food cookies.
- Vital Proteins will make and serve refreshing spa waters packed with our go-to protein good for recovery and great for hair, skin and nails.
- Propel Water will rehydrate all of us with enough electrolytes to put back what we’ll lose in sweat with Betina (spoiler alert: a lot).
- Lifeway Kefir will pour the probiotics you need. Bonus: they’re delicious.
- Muscle Milk will help you refuel post workout with this protein-packed grab-and-go beverages
We’ll have pampering from:
- LISA App will be on site doling out mini facials
- Delos Therapy will be at the event doing quick-hits of their signature pain treatments.
- Katherine Theodore Travel and this wellness travel company will be there giving you the travel bug.
- FLOAT SIXTY will dole out hefty discounts to everyone who talks to them
You can enter the $5 charity raffle for a chance to win amazing prize packs. Here’s a taste of what you can expect.
When you arrive, you can enter the raffle, which will go entirely to the American Red Cross’s Hurricane Relief efforts. Please bring cash if you only want one ticket or we’ll show you how to make a $10 donation to the American Red Cross via text (and get two tickets, score).
Here’s a taste of the madness:
- Clif prize Pack. For just snacking or for ultra-running, you’ll love these bars for your most everyday and extreme snacking needs.
- Luna Prize Pack. Bars on bars on bars. These fit perfectly into your backpack or purse and your busy life.
- A Krave and Bark Thins basket. You’ll snack like a champ and live your best life with this basket of goodies, Krave Jerky and Bark Thins.
- Vital Proteins Prize pack: You’ll get a shaker bottle and a 10 oz. canister of the Collagen Peptides.
- A 3-pack of 25-minute sessions to Delos Therapy to ease your aches and pains (perfect for the everyday athlete and the marathoner).
- $50 gift card to Fit Foodie. You’ll eat like a queen.
- A week’s worth of Mera bites. Healthy cookies for a week? Yes, please.
- A two-hour LISA App event at your office. You’ll choose from massages, facials, blowouts, beach waves or manicures for your favorite co-workers and you.
- Three floats from FLOAT SIXTY. Relax, unwind and clear your mind while floating.
- $100 spa certificate from Katherine Theodore Travel. Because Katherine believes in travel that renews your mind, body and soul, this gift certificate will give you a taste of travel with her.
- $20 Lifeway Kefir shop gift card. If you love Lifeway Kefir like we do, these $20 will make your smoothies and post-run recovery even more delicious.
Here’s what you can expect from the evening:
- A cause that you can get behind: With the recent impact of Hurricane Harvey, we decided to dedicate the profits from this event to the American Red Cross and its lifesaving efforts.
- An incredible workout: Your workout will be led by one of the nation’s best trainers, Betina Gozo who was recently announced as Women’s Health’s 2017 Next Fitness Star, an award we’re so happy to see her win. She’ll be sure to give you the workout you need to feel accomplished and like you’re part of something bigger.
- Music from The DJ Firm: The DJ firm works with aSweatLife at venues across the city and creates the mood that makes our out-of-the-gym events special.
- A sweat in an incredible space: The Lakewood is a gorgeous venue at the intersection of Lake and Wood Street. Attached to the delicious Eden, its food is top-notch and it has spaces to fit all hosting needs – from 15-person board meetings to 300-person special events. And, so that there will be more proceeds to donate to the cause, The Lakewood generously donated the space!
Here’s what you need to know:
Where: The Lakewood, 1758 W Lake Street
When: September 27 at 6 pm or 7:15 pm, but please be sure to arrive 15 minutes early to check in
What to bring and wear:
- Bring your own yoga mat (for your comfort – it’s not for yoga)
- Wear your favorite workout gear and tennis shoes
How should you sign up: